Thursday, July 31, 2014

Begin Again

When we got the tickets to the late night show on a Wednesday, we were expecting entertainment and hoping against hopes that it should not be yet another love story. The trailer said it’s not a love story.
I never write about a movie. I think I am not the right person to sit and critically analyze a movie as I watch movies purely for fun sake. But this one is just out of the world. It connects and this is therefore not a movie review, it’s just about how I felt and would so want you all to go watch it.

The movie starts with two people totally lost on life and with nothing to look forward to. The only one thing that connects them is music. And how can one not fall in love instantly with music. I go back to music all the time. It is my mood – lifter (if that’s a word). I have music for every occasion – wake up music, Sunday morning music, Sunday evening music, Friday music, running music, feeling home- sick music, cooking music, thinking of college days music, feeling awesome music, drive music,… yeah you get the drift. I remember there was a song playing in my head when the priest was reading the wedding promises! I have a song for every moment basically.

So the movie is like that. It’s about how you pick up from where you left, it is about the moment you realize that nothing is permanent and nothing can break you till you want it to break you. You just need to sing a song and be calm. The story is so encouraging. It’s devoured off all the cliché’s. You expect them to kiss and make up and become a couple; you want them to because your mind is tuned to that. But they just follow their heart and make their dreams come through… they also survive. The music touches you and you want to listen to it on a loop.


Please go and watch it if you still have not. 

No comments: