Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Fake Roast Chicken

I love roasts. I love the Continental category of food. And I love Europe. Me and my husband were missing our days in Europe on one raining weekend and decided to fix it by cooking the food! Food fixes everything. Almost

So here I share a recipe for a fake Roast Chicken. Fake because its not done in the oven.

Ingredients

Chicken - two leg pieces from the thigh included
Lemon - 2 large
Paprika - 2 TBSP
Garlic crushed freshly - one whole
Salt
Sugar
Olive oil or Vegetable Oil

Marinate the chicken with the first five ingredients. Keep it away in the fridge for about an hour. Take a flat pan, pour oil. Add the sugar and let it caramelize. Then place the marinated chicken and let it cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes on each side. Keep checking the chicken and flipping it so that it does not get too burnt. I like it a little charred but you can get the colour you like and take it off.

That's It ! Yeah I don't get into too many complications.

Served with a Mash potato and Stir fried veggies in butter, garlic and olive oil.

For the time being am not missing Europe that much. :)





No comments: